Week of April 23rd, 2019
Hope you are are having an awesome Spring Break. Few things to get us gradually back on track for our spring homestretch. The weather may not be exactly where we would like it to be but the calendar says it is time for shorts. Below you will find a reminder of our school shorts policy.
You should be in full research mode for your science fair topic with a focus on those high interest and cool facts that will dazzle your audience and translate well to your visual display. Also, we are starting to look at summer reading so if you want your voice heard, go to the summer reading link below and take our student survey. And finally this week, softball-tennis-prom-clubs are all on the docket!
Other CHS Stuff
- Badger Softball 2019: Our softball season starts up with practices starting TUES, April 30th. Coach Norton has schedule two May games against our softball archrival, Benway High of Wayne. Complete practice and game schedule will be handed out this week (softball team meeting TUES).
- CHS Tennis Club 2019: Looks like we have access to the BHS tennis courts starting WEDS May 1st and then the following THURS's so we have coordinated a 4-week after school club season. We will have a tennis meeting on TUES to go over the schedule and "ooh" and "ahh" over our new Tennis Club Shirts!
- BHS Prom 2019: Prom Tickets go on sale this week for Prom 2019 which will be held on May 30th at the Crystal Plaza in Livingstone. We will hold an info session on THURS for any students who would like to learn more. The Prom is traditionally for 11th and 12th graders but 9th and 10th graders are welcome to give their pitch to Dr. Cap on how they would love to attend and represent CHS. Tickets and Pitches start this week.
- Avengers ENDGAME Stepping Out Mon April 29th: Looks like we got the theatre for our own private viewing of the Avengers Endgame. Movie time will be 3:30PM so we will need to leave during support. The movie is over 3 hours so pick up will be at the Cinepolis in Parsippany at 6:45PM (Morris Hills Shopping Center, 3165 US 46 in Parsippany). We will cover the cost of the movie, first popcorn and drink! Final Sign ups through this Weds in the lounge.
- Shorts Dress Code: No Bathing suits, short shorts or cut-offs. Shorts must have pockets and be mid-thigh to knee length.
- Summer Reading Survey Google Form: Four questions, two minutes and you will have a voice in your summer reading options. Link will be open through this Friday (April 26th). Go to https://forms.gle/
MON One More Day of Spring Break!
TUES Softball Team Meeting (2:40PM, Student Lounge)
WEDS Tennis Club Meeting (2:40PM, Student Lounge)
THURS Prom Info Meeting (2:40PM, Student Lounge)
FRI Spring Club Fair (New Club Sign Ups 2:40PM, Student Lounge-May 6th Uptown Lunch and Clubs)