Week of April 29th, 2019
Each year, the PACS give a gift to the CHS graduating class. In 2016, the students decided that we should use the gift to purchase graduation lawn signs that would tell each of their local communities that a CHS Grad lives there! This has now become a CHS Graduation tradition thanks to the PACS and their ongoing support and generosity. On behalf of the CHS Class of 2019, we say thanks to the PACS!
National Honor Society Leads Earth Day Event at CHS: Earth Day was celebrated this past week at CHS as the CHS Chapter of the National Honor Society led a school-wide Earth Day Project, "Beautifying Boonton". Members of our NHS helped facilitate our “trash pickup” groups to clean up designated school/neighborhood quadrants around BHS/CHS. Armed with pick-up sticks and garbage bags, the NHS led their peers around the surrounding neighborhoods and gave it a good spring cleaning. In total we picked up over 15lbs of garbage.
Craig School Collects/Recycles 17lbs of Plastic for February/March: Thanks to our students, parents and teachers, we have collected over 17lbs of plastic for our nationwide TREX recycling competition! That’s 17lbs of plastic that will not spend the next few hundred years decomposing in a landfill but instead will be recycled and turned into something new and useful! We are looking to keep our TREX momentum going for April so please keep sending in those plastic bags/items below. We have our specially marked TREX bin by our front door so students can easily drop off on their arrival at school. Plastic items to send in include:
- Grocery bags
- Bread bags
- Dry cleaning bags
- News paper plastic sleeves
- Produce bags
- Bubble wrap
- Cereal bags
If you have any questions, please email our TREX contest facilitator, Mrs. Cap at CCaparulo@craigschool.org
Craig High Teacher Features 2019: Thanks to the PACS, we have a found a way for you to show your support for the Craig School while providing an amazing and memorable experience for your teen. There is still time to be a part of this years features:
- Thursday MAY 2 Craig and Chocolate: Join Mrs. Gallagher for a chocolate workshop and Sweet Expressions in Denville. Students become mini-Willy Wonkas for an afternoon!
- Saturday MAY 11 Badgers Have Glass: Take a trip to Glassworks in Morristown and create a one-of-a-kind piece glass art alongside Ms. Bank and Mrs. Bhakta.
- Saturday May 11 Tree Top Course/Zipline Adventure: Join Mrs. Chitticks at the Turtle Back Zoo to take on the brand new Tree Top Adventure Course, a world class aerial obstacle course. The day will wrap up with a little zip lining!
- Sunday May 19 East Coast Comic Con: The biggest Comic Con in NJ is coming to the Meadowlands Expo Center and Mrs. Cap and Mrs. Tartgalia are so there! Comics, TV and Movie Stars, Panel Discussions. The East Coast Comic Con has it all.
- SUMMER 2019 Ellis Island & Statue of Liberty: Rendezvous with Mr. Jacobs and Miss Bank in and visit the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island National Immigration Museum.
- TBA Still Water Kayaking: Paddling on Indian Lake with life jackets, kayaks and experts Mr. Furlong and Mrs. Cozine – both veteran kayakers. After, relax on shore and enjoy pizza
For forms or more info go to the school website (https://www.craigschool.org/
Stepping Out-Private Screening of AVENGERS ENDGAME This Monday: This Monday, April 29thCHS will be hosting a private screening of the new Avengers movie, Endgame! It is rated PG-13 and has a running time of three hours and 1 minute. Here is what you need to know:
- 2:40PM Bus Leave CHS
- Movie Starts at 3:30PM
- No Cost but students are welcome to bring money for the concession stand
- First popcorn and drink are on us!
- Pick up is at 6:45PM at the Cinepolis in Parsippany
- The Cinepolis is located in the Morris Hills Shopping Center at 3165 Rt 46 East, Parsippany (behind the McDonalds)
Any questions, email Dr. Cap at ECaparulo@craigschool.org
BHS Prom Bids 2018 Due By May 15th: The students of BHS have extended an invite for CHS student’s to join them at “The Crystal Plaza ” in Livingstone for Prom 2019 which will be held on Thursday, May 30th. Buffet, photo booth, and group picture are included and there will be CHS staff there serving as chaperones. Tickets are on sale for $105 a person and CHS students are welcome to bring guests. Checks should be written out to “BHS Class of 2019” and permission forms need to be in by this Wednesday, May 15th. Students should see Dr. Cap for permission forms.
Craig School Auction “One Giant Leap” Update
We are less than a month away from our annual Auction, One Giant Leap, and there are many ways that you can still get involved with the event!
- RSVP Today: Buy your ticket to the May 18th Auction. It’s sure to be an incredibly fun night where you can purchase so many fantastic auction items that will raise money for the Craig School as well as have the opportunity to hang out with other parents who share a love of our amazing school! Return your RSVP card or stop by the Blue House and let Katie know that you’re coming!
- 50/50 Raffle Tickets: Raffle order forms can be found at https://www.craigschool.org/
giving/annual-auction/ Return your 50/50 raffle tickets today
- Amazon Wish List: Check out our Amazon Wish List and purchase an item off of the list to purchase for the Auction. Just sign use the link https://www.amazon.com/hz/
Monday, April 29th
Stepping Out: Avengers Endgame (pick up at Cinepolis in Parsippany 6:45PM)
Tuesday, April 30th
Softball Practice (3-5PM)
Wednesday, May 1st
After School Tennis Club (3-5PM)
Monday, May 6th
9th Grade Field Trip: Romeo and Juliet at the Pax Amicus Castle
Uptown Lunch/Common Clubs
Tuesday, May 7th
National Teacher Appreciation Day
Wednesday, May 8th
Badger Softball Home Opener vs. Benway High (Time TBA)
Thursday, May 16th
3rd Trimester Progress Reports
Saturday, May 18th
Craig School Auction “One Giant Leap”
Friday, May 24th
12PM Close: PACSAC Day (PACS Breakfast-Science Fair-Awards Ceremony)
Monday, May 27th
School Closed: Memorial Day
Thursday, May 30th
BHS Prom at Crystal Plaza in Livingstone (7:00-10:30PM)