Craig High School: Online Plan
Dear CHS Parents:
Based on what we have been reading and the general direction that things seem to have taken, it looks like our school closing for an extended period time is an inevitability.
We have not made that call yet but something tells me that before today is out, we will have a better timeline of what lies ahead for Morris County Schools.
As we get ready to enter this uncharted territory, I just wanted to let you know that the CHS teachers have been dialoguing and developing our online plan to provide a level of continuity and routine to our students. Many of these conversations and modeling sessions with our students have already begun and I will be addressing the students as a group this morning to go over their roles and responsibilities to their courses and their teachers when we do make the call to close.
Although there might be some modifications in real-time, here is our plan that we will be implementing:
- Students will be receiving a schedule that lays out a 9AM-12:25PM daily Online School Day
- Students will have 6-periods daily with a 5 minute transition time between classes
- Our focus will be only on courses that meet 5-days a week
- Students will be using their school google accounts for everything
- Google Classroom will be our primary source for daily lessons and materials
- Google Hangout will be our primary source for teacher engagement, support, and fielding questions
- Students will use Google Docs and Teacher emails to submit any requested or completed work
- Students have the majority of their textbooks at home as an additional class resource
We have dealt with hurricanes, school fires, and prom so I have a lot of faith in this faculty and our students that when all is said and done, we will come out stronger as a school on the other side. Know that I will be always available to you and our teens until we are back sitting across from each other once again.
We will reach out later today. Until then, be safe.