The CDC has established the risk categories dependent on exposure to help guide optimal public health management of people following potential COVID-19 exposure. If you are experiencing symptoms following possible exposure to COVID-19, seek medical care as soon as possible. Remember to call ahead and tell the healthcare provider’s office about your recent travel, symptoms, and concern. Please also avoid contact with others and do not travel.
Important steps you can take to prevent contracting or spreading viruses include:
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue or sleeve while coughing and sneezing
- Wash your hands with soap and water often and for at least 20 seconds
- Use an alcohol-based sanitizer on hands if soap and water are not available
- Avoid touching your face
- Don't share foods, utensils, etc.
- Clean commonly touched objects and surfaces regularly
- Stay home from class/work if you are symptomatic