CHIL: Spring Break 2020
Message from the Head of School
Spring Break - different than what any of us envisioned just a few weeks ago but a new time to relax, reflect and enjoy each other. The Craig School staff, our students and our parents have been working very hard and we are so proud of the entire community.
We will be taking a break from the school patterns of these last weeks. We will continue to provide and share activities and stories through our social media but school will be closed to online classes through Spring Break and start back up Tuesday, April 14th. Thank you to our entire community for coming together and making the last three weeks of distance learning a success.
CHS Program Spotlight
PE/Healthy Eating Logs: CHS started up their daily PE/Health Program coordinated by Mr. Norton. Each week includes an outreach from Mr. Norton, Student Fitness Log, the “Perfect Day of Eating”, and a breakdown of M-Fr daily activities which include both outdoor activities and workout videos.
2nd Trimester Report Cards: You should have all received through email our 2nd-trimester report cards. Students all received a copy as well and their COACH will be reaching out to their COACHees after Spring Break to talk about game planning for the 3rd trimester. If you have any questions about specific grades on the report cards, please feel free to email that teacher directly
CHS Parent to Parent Exchange
Working at Home-Desk Exercises and the 20-20-20 rule: Working at home translates into a significant amount of computer and desk time. The Craig Community shared a couple of insightful articles on how to make the best of both.
The first is the 20-20-20 rule of excessive screentime-https://www.
The second is 15 exercises that you can do when stuck at your desk-
From the Craig School Office of Development
Use Amazon Smile to Support The Craig School: We all use Amazon now more than ever but many of us are unaware of AmazonSmile and how just by purchasing what you were going to buy anyway, you can raise money for the Craig School! There is no additional cost either. Here you’ll find the exact same prices, selection and amazon shopping experience as the traditional Amazon.com and Amazon will donate 0.5% of all of your eligible purchases to whatever charitable non-profit organization of your choice (which is, of course, the Craig School!). Here is what you do:
Go to smile.amazon.com
- Use your same account on Amazon.com with AmazonSmile. Your shopping cart, Wish List, and other account settings will also be the same.
- On your first visit to AmazonSmile, you will need to select a charitable organization to receive donations from eligible purchases before you begin shopping.
- Click on SUPPORTING Tab located at the top left
- In the Search Bar, type in Craig School and the Craig School, Mountain Lakes will be one of your options. Click on select and that’s it!
- They will remember your selection, and then every eligible purchase you make at smile.amazon.com will result in a donation.
- Bookmark smile.amazon.com to make it easier to get back to
It’s that simple so as we all endure our work from home situation, please think of the Craig School next time you need to put Amazon to work for you.